Why I Love Strength Band Exercises

Strength band exercises fit perfectly into my lifestyle and my goal of simplifying my exercise program and here are the reasons why. I have always been a big believer in the benefits of strength training. When I was a teenager it was to have big biceps and impress the girls on the beach. But as I grew older I saw how important maintaining a strength program was to my overall wellbeing.

The problem was that like everyone my schedule was pretty hectic. Between family and work there was not much time for long exercise sessions at the gym. Now as a sixty-six year old retiree living on a fixed income my budget does not include the cost of a gym membership. I also have a goal this year to simplify all aspects of my life and resistance bands fit perfectly into this goal.

That is why strength band exercises and rubber resistance bands fit my lifestyle.

  1. They are inexpensive a good set can be bought for well under twenty dollars.

  2. They are light weight and fit nicely in a suitcase so they can go with me anywhere.

  3. They are safer to use than a set of weights.

  4. Best of all the exercises I can do with the bands are almost limitless and duplicate most of the movements I use to perform with weights.

There was a time when I believed resistance bands were good for women or for someone only interested in toning their body, but not for me. I felt I needed to lift steel bars and weights to truly achieve the results I wanted. Boy was I wrong. Resistance bands exercises can tax even the strongest of athletes. By increasing the number of bands and or the band strength you can get a really demanding workout. Plus you can quickly move from one exercise to another, keeping your target heart rate up and adding an element of endurance to the routine.

Speaking of endurance these rubber exercise bands are a perfect way for someone to build up their endurance. By using a lower resistance band and doing higher reps, plus moving quickly from one exercise to another you can really challenge even the most well conditioned athlete. Also I believe resistance bands increase my flexibility.

So that is why I love strength band exercises. If you have not try them I strongly suggest you add them to your program and if you are like me and you are trying to simplify your exercise program resistance rubber bands are the way to goal.

Coach Pete Turner believes you deserve to live a vibrant and pain free life. Coach Pete has overcome back injury, pain and surgery and at sixty-six years old is strong, healthy and fit. He shares his tips on living, fitness and wellness at Click Here

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Pete_A_Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment